Reference projects – Vodafone AG support system setup BI portal
- Within the scope of the global SAP introductory project EVO, a SAP retail system landscape for the handling of logistic retail management processes was implemented.
- In the Managed Services sector, AM employees were responsible for technical integration through the service provider of the end customer.
- During the operation, all phases were supported by plan, build, test & run. Assurance of the start-up in line with SOX specifications was also a quality factor.
Solution approach and modules
- Detailed data processing and authorisation concept with prototyping environment
- Development of a 5-stage portal system landscape as well as connection to the ECC and the BI ABAP systems
- Design and architectural plans for the integration into the overall infrastructure of the customer
- Build by the service provider in the coaching and review procedure
- SAP BI NW 7.0
- SAP NW portal 7.0
- SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 1
- SAP Solution Manager 7.0
- Planning, control and protection of the quality of system integration – conducted by different IT teams – from a single source
- Interface function between the project and ‘IT (Build Team)’ with technical & commercial knowledge
- Validation of internal architectural plans
Highlights and Lessons Learned
- Control of 3 top system integrators (IBM, Accenture, Bertelsmann) with last decision-making power
- System integration into a highly complex system landscape with different interface requirements
- Escalation management